Friday, June 23, 2017

All That Glitters is Gold(en)


The saying "all that glitters is not gold" does not apply to my life because ALL THAT GLITTERS IN GOLDEN HERE!!


Saying I am obsessed with my dogs is an understatement. I truly think about my dogs morning, afternoon and night. My life revolves around them. Which can be very stressful and tiring because 4 big dogs is a huge undertaking, but they really do make me happy! 

So with that being said, when my friend sent me these shoes from RackRoom Shoes I just had to buy them. Especially since they were on sale, which made the decision even easier. 


At first I thought these shoes were going to be tough to pair with an outfit, but really it was easy to throw this look together. I think this jean sack dress goes nicely with these shoes, and plus it was 10000 degrees outside the sack dress was the right choice! 

The dress is from Target, but I have seen a lot of sack dresses in stores lately. They really are coming back into style (thank god)!!


Thoughts about sack dresses:

A lot of you might think that nothing repels the precious male gaze with the unstoppable force of a sack dress, but people who say this are your enemies! Any time you wear a dress that’s inspired by a burlap sack, you can expect an immediate downpour of negative comments. So many people still cling to the misconception that it makes you look like a bag of potatoes, but this is a sack of lies

Carrying around a bale of spuds and going out on the town can have the same outfit, as long as that outfit gives you confidence and life.

In my honest opinion the woman under the dress is what gives the dress it's life and it's style. Me, I decided to pair this potato sack dress with vibrant/eye catching shoes. That way the dress does fall by the waste-side, but the outfit as a whole still works and has life to it. 



Ok, sorry I had to rant for a minute about the haters hating sack dresses! I am done ranting and I hope my words of wisdom give you that confidence to wear whatever type of dress you want! Wear it loud and proud...and radiate the life it brings to you. 

Another reason I love my Goldens so much is their confidence shines for the whole world to see. They don't care what others think- they just live their lives with happiness and self-reliance. 
Take my word for it...

Go ahead...shine like a Golden!


No comments:

Post a Comment