Tuesday, June 27, 2017

From Traditional To Trendy- Making A Comeback!

Embroidery is making a comeback!

It makes me happy to know that embroidery is coming back into style.  It is no longer known as grandma clothes or a craft project for Hippies! It is now all over fashion blogs and more and more celebrities are stepping out with embroidered clothing. 


Whether you are braving the South Carolina heat or walking down the streets of Baltimore this dress is a closet must. I bought this lavender beauty from JessaKae and I have to say it is growing to one of my fashion favs! 

The fabric is very light and airy which makes it perfect for literally any occasion in any state from Maryland to South Carolina. 



How I decided to style this embroidered dress:

For styling this look I kept it very simple since I wanted the dress to be the focal point. I paired it with open back bootie shoes and simple pearl hoop earrings. Added the bright green nail polish for a fun pop of color :) 

The shoes are from Target- Go figure! Which I paid around $35
The earrings are from a boutique in Saint Lucia, but I found similar earrings at World Market for around $15
The nails are the dipping powder from a nail salon which was around $35

So this whole outfit including the dress cost around $150 including the bright green nails!! That is a great price for a very unique, put together look that will stand out in a crowd. 

In my opinion less is more when styling an outfit with an embroidered piece. You want that piece to stand out since it is very unique.  


Add a little attitude to the dress and you are good to go! Don't forget to be confident and own the look. Confidence is by far the best way to stand out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment